Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fros, Wigs and Confused Drivers

I honestly didn't think I was going to have another day of amusement on the RTD so soon after my other one, but don't underestimate the weirdness of people, especially those that ride the RTD.

Today I got on an earlier bus because I simply did not want to be late to class again. (And here I sit an hour early but I'd rather be an hour early than five minutes late.) It was a whole different group of individuals on the earlier bus. Mostly people going to work... anyway the weirdness started off when an elderly man got on the bus. He went straight to the back of the bus and about thirty seconds later a young man he sat down next to started to have a temper tantrum. I'm not sure about what, exactly but he started swearing a lot and stating, "I don't care how much older you are than me, ol' man!" The older man declared, "Well you should!" Amusing, to say the least. I think what ended the whole scene is that the younger man saw that I was laughing at him, he glared at me, then shut up.

Later, when I was waiting for my second bus I saw the most interesting individual. She was one of the darkest black woman I have ever seen (I'm not trying to be racist, just stating a fact) and she was wearing one of the brightest blond wigs I have ever seen. She was about 50 years old and was singing and talking to herself and she skipped down the sidewalk. When she noticed me watching her she started, loudly, wailing. I was not only amused at this point but also slightly disturbed. Partly because the street was quiet at that point and her wailing was echoing off the walls giving it an extra eerie sound.

Once I was on my second bus we headed toward the school. There was one other passenger on the bus with me, but that was it. When we started nearing the school she requested to get off. The bus driver became very confused, till he saw a bus stop a block ahead... it was not his next stop. However he stopped for the young lady and let her off, then turned to me saying, "I didn't know that bus stop was there. I wonder if I'm supposed to drop people off and pick people of there?!?" Not that entertaining, I know. But still rather funny, to me.

After I got off the buss a guy with a huge fro walks up to me and asks me "How's the leg doin', ace?" I was really confused at this statement and stopped to look down at my legs. What was wrong with them? Oh nothing, I just use a crutch. I smiled up at him and said, "It's been better!" "Well you know you can get painkillers here whenever you need them." As I walked into school I thought this statement over.


OH.

No comments:

Post a Comment