Saturday, September 4, 2010

You Must be Desperate for a Smoke

If you are reading this you are probably assuming I 1) make all this jazz up 2) surprised that all of this could be happening when I ride the bus 3) confused. 1) I’m no making it up. 2) I am as surprised as you, don’t worry. 3) Confusion adds to the entertainment of every situation.

I should also let you know that Thursday and Friday weren’t too exciting that’s why I’m combining them.

Thursday just started out interesting for me riding the bus. I now know there is a funny little man that I will always ride the bus with on my way to school. He spends most of his time going from seat to seat to seat in the bus, till he’s sat on every single one that isn’t already occupied. Another of his peculiar habits is he wants people to talk to him. He doesn’t want to talk back but he’ll certainly listen. Yesterday he started being very odd. There was a newspaper at a vacant seat so he went over there and opened it up like he was about to read it. Suddenly I hear RIIIIP. I whirl around to see him slowly, and precisely shredding the paper. At first I’m shocked, then I get over this feeling because I’ve observed him to be such an odd duck in the first place, then I’m slightly appalled, followed by the usual amusement I feel.

We were at a park-in-ride and since we were ahead of schedule we waited there for sometime. While we were waiting a couple got on. They had been on the bus for awhile and were settled in when we were about to leave. As we were pulling out a man without a shirt on (it was in his hand) comes dashing across the street in front of the bus. The bus driver had to slam on his break really hard to keep from hitting the man. The shirtless wonder comes around to the bus door and starts to get one. Immediately the driver starts to yell at him that if he doesn’t have a shirt on he can’t board the bus. So donning his shirt he gets on the bus and walks back to the couple that got on only a few minutes before. He grabs a cigarette and heads off. What? You jumped in front of a bus, almost killed yourself in the process just for a smoke?! Where’s you’re common sense, man?!

I know what you are thinking. People really don’t seem to have common sense anymore. It’s really sad and pathetic.

Friday was nothing much except that the bus driver kept stopping when there was no one getting on or off. After doing this several times some fella came up and cussed her out and told her he wanted his money back. The odd thing was he was very well dressed and looked like a nice fellow. Never assume.

That's all for now. Till next time - this is Resa the rider of the RTD.

2 comments: