Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Haven't Written in Forever

Since I haven't really written in forever I figured I might as well start up again.

I can't really remember dates but here are some of the interesting, and slightly frightening things that have happened to me on the bus since I last wrote:

Let's start with my regular Tuesday bus driver. He's funny and slightly crazy and always remembers me. He likes to comment on how well I'm walking or not walking, which is kind of funny. And he regularly compliments me on how I smell. Being sensitive to bad smells myself I usually load myself up on perfume so people with less personal hygiene can't break through my own wonderful smell. My bus driver always says, "Mm mm! My do you smell fine. I would just love to keep you with me all day to cancel out all the other bad smells that come walkin' onto this bus." Every time it makes me smile.

Seat Happy, also known as George (but lets admit it, that's not nearly as cool of a name) likes to talk to me a lot. For several weeks I didn't see him, but I did today and it's always the same thing. He tells me he has a daughter named Theresa who has five sons, he's washed dishes for the same place for the past 34 years, "yesterday" they served over 400 people, there is one dishwasher that is never any help and then he asks me what time it is. He always acts to nervous, like he's going to miss his stop or be dreadfully late to work, but he always gets off about 12 minutes before his shift starts.

In other, not so regular news, I was asked for money a few weeks ago. By a lady who said she needed money to ride the bus home. When I told her I didn't have any cash on me she immediately said, "Well how do you pay for things?" It was a HUGE mistake to talk to her in the first place. I scoffed at her and headed on my way, she started calling me "prissy" and "snobby" and then started swearing. Because swearing is so mature. When her voice didn't start become softer since I was moving away from her I looked over my soldier. AHH! She was following me! Walking quicker, I felt my self panicking. I had my crutch and if she attacked me I wasn't going to hesitate and beat her. Fortunately for me a businessman walking toward me saw that she was bothering me and immediately started walking next to me. "She is bothering you? Where are you headed? I'll walk you there." So he walked me to my bus stop. She stood across the street from us watching to see if he would leave. Lovely man that he was he didn't budge from his position next to me and glared at her with stony eyes that said, "I dare you to make a move." Finally she gave up and walked back up the street. But Lovely Businessman stood next to me for the 20 minutes it took for my bus to arrive. I felt very safe and protect.

Till next time...

4 comments:

  1. Everyday is an adventure! You never know what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding the bus; the good the bad and the ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never know what's around the corner do you,
    Please come over and visit. I'd love you to be a follower. You write well, good story teller. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there are you alright, haven't heard from you and wondered why. You write very well. yvonne

    ReplyDelete