Sunday, September 19, 2010

Aww... Disturbing

I'm sorry I haven't blogged so far this week. But I am now!

Tuesday was an interesting day, Thursday literally nothing interesting happened. It was sad in many ways. Friday was pretty much completely hysterical.

To start off Tuesday I had the most talkative bus driver ever. He told me about his bad knees, and about his Mom who had broken her hip falling down, about his bus routine and about the people that rode his bus. He was willing to talk a lot because for the first fifteen minutes of riding I was the only passenger. Finally someone else got on the bus and it was Seat Happy. For quite some time it was only the two of us and the bus driver and it was interesting hearing all the conversation that went on. Seat Happy told me that he was a dishwasher and had been so for 34 years at the same restaurant. He went every week day at 10 o'clock to relieve another dishwasher who was "absolutely horrible and no help at all." I chuckled at his description and agreed that some people were just that way.

When we got to the first park-n-ride several more people joined us. This must have been "National Be Friendly Day" and I just just missed the memo because complete strangers were talking to each other and me. Talking about their kids and showing pictures and swapping baby stories and explaining what made them name their kids things such as Soarin or Willow or Hope. I do believe I was riding with a bunch of hippies.

The rest of the bus ride was spent in this friendly manner and I got off at my stop still confused as to why everyone was being so friendly and talkative. But it didn't matter, it was rather pleasant.

FRIDAY. What a day. It was funny and odd all at the same time and I kind of had this "Awww.... that's disturbing" feeling. While I was sitting at my second bus stop waiting for it to arrive two flamboyantly gay people joined me on the bench. Sometimes I have to watch gay people for a few minutes before I realize that they are, but these two screamed we're not straight! And I do mean screamed. It started with one of them sitting down with his legs crossed tightly.... too tightly... and him "fluffing" his newspaper. It was amusing so I had to put my head down and pretend like I was really interested in my book to avoid laughing out loud. When the bus finally arrived we all stood up to board it. Noticing I was on a crutch the two lovely men stood aside to let me get on first. One smiled at me sweetly and said, "We're going to let the gorgeous girl go first."

My first reaction was Awww! They think I'm gorgeous... followed by.... that is so weird. Which clearly showed on my face because they gave me a funny look back and the other guy told me in his sweetest, most lispy voice, "Just because we're gay doesn't mean we don't have eyes to see a beautiful woman."

Awwww. You two are so cute and ridiculous. Let me get on the bus and hope I sit in a seat that I can avoid seeing your eyes. Because that would be awkward.

Unfortunately I didn't get that seat. I sat down first and since they followed me they sat across the aisle from me. The read their newspapers and whispered to each other in lispy voices the whole ride and got off only a few stops before me, meaning I had to ride with them the for over an hour. But it was amusing none the less and it made me laugh later. I had to tell everyone because who wouldn't?

Beware RTD riders, if you do something ridiculous you may just end up in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment